ASE/ASEF Series Bronze Enclosure
Today's high power engines demand high flow and low restriction - GROCO ASE/ASEF Series raw water strainers are up for the job. For installation on the suction side of the plumbing system, and designed with minimal restriction and high flow output in mind, the ASE/ASEF strainers are ideal solution for large engine cooling needs. ASE/ASEF Strainers are fitted with a bronze cylinder in place of a clear slight glass to be compliant with ABS standards and USCG requirements. ASE-4000 has 4" NPT threaded ports; ASEF-4000, 5000 and 6000 have ANSI flanges. The filter basket and screw-on strainer cap have replaceable zinc anodes.
- Made in the USA
- For high-powered engines with 4", 5" or 6" intake.
- C84400 bronze construction.
- ABS compliant with cast bronze enclosure.
- Cap and basket have replaceable zinc anode protection.
- Low restriction for maximum cooling water flow.
- No inside tie rods. Cover unscrews for easy filter basket cleaning.
- O-rings seal all mating surfaces.
- All models can be converted to HYDROMATIC (self-cleaning) operation.
- Improved cylindrical filter basket.
- #304-SS basket is standard with .077” holes (.125” and .188” hole sizes are optional).
- Monel basket is optional.
- Bronze flange adaptors are available for connecting pipe or hose to flanged strainers